Surviving a kids party can be hard! We went for another one at the weekend. I’m sure when I was a kid we’d just be dropped off and then picked up hours later as the host parents were just about ready to completely lose it! But as a parent of a 5 year old now, it seems that most of are staying. I’ve written before about X’s exploits at a Friends Party.
Now we’ve come up with a fun game you can play whilst attending a kids party. Try and spot these things, one point for each:
- Child hogging balloons
- Child crying for no reason
- Near misses for A&E trips
- Older sibling who clearly would rather be elsewhere
- Older sibling loving the fact they can eat jelly and play on a bouncy castle
- Parent using their ‘quiet’ shouting/threatening voice!
- Child who wont leave their parents
- Random screaming child
- ‘Slow passing’ during pass the parcel
- Full on tantrum
- Kid ‘trying’ to pour juice from a huge jug
- Adults desperately trying to find a child NOT moving during musical statues
- Child getting lippy with the entertainer
- Parent’s hoovering up leftover food
- Parent of Birthday child ‘encouraging’ them to thank, or even acknowledge, a newcomer clutching a present
I can honestly say that we’ve done most of the parent ones listed, and X has done quite a few, most notably the balloon hog! He was one of the children who wouldn’t leave our side a year ago but since starting school he only comes to check on us every so often!